Miser Mom's top ten list of reasons to be grateful this Thanksgiving:
- A dad who can diagnose a burnt-out motor on a heat pump from 107 miles away. Thanks, Dad!
- A dog who follows me wherever I go; who slobbers on my children; who growls at strangers; who goes ecstatic over simple pleasures. Oh, boy! Dog Food! AGAIN!!!
- A 12-year old son who begs to be allowed to go to a math meeting on his birthday, rather than be left home to play with toys and friends.
- A 13-year old son (and lady-killer) who reeks of manly deodorant but who still loves to be tickled by his mom. I'm gonna getcha!
- A bubbly honorary daughter whose favorite words are "awesome" and "rad", and whose favorite phrase is, "Do you need any help?" Really, I'm the luckiest person in the world. No, really.
- A step-daughter who brags about her thrifty, strict, authoritarian step-mom and her African American brothers, but who still hangs out (and fits in) with the blonde, stylin', $50-for-a-pair-of-flip-flops crowd. She's going places, that's for sure.
- A daughter who has a "reverse fan club" (many of her friends are members of the highly popular "Io-loves-you" group). She's what I might have been if I were good with people, which I'm not, but she is. Hmmm . . . food for thought.
- A step-daughter who is fiercely loyal to family and friends. If I were walking down a dark alley, she'd be even better than the dog at protecting me.
- A husband who believes that marriage is supposed to be a glimpse of what heaven is going to be like, and who lives out that belief just about every day.
- The freedom to worship without persecution, and a church that persistently spurs me to act out my faith in deeds as well as in words.
Life is good. Happy Thanksgiving, one and all!